Coconut & Cranberry Cookies
We love to bake with our girls. My daughter loves cookie(s) accompanied with a warm glass of milk in the morning.
Store-bought options are loaded with unnecessary amounts of sugar and I try, where I can to reduce the amount of sugar we intake.
After much trial & error I came up with a recipe that everyone can enjoy, without the added preservatives and sugar. The cranberries add a natural sweetness. *I have given a gluten free version too.
Sundays are our 'cookie baking days'-Chloé loves getting involved by kneading & rolling out the dough and cutting into all different shapes & forms. It's a special bonding time between Mama & daughter.
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Baking tray
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
- 2.5 C All purpose flour (*1 C coconut flour & 1 C gluten free flour)
- 0.5 C desiccated coconut
- 1 Tsp Vanilla/a vanilla pod
- A pinch of salt
- 1 banana
- 1 C coconut oil, melted
- 0,5 C cranberries
- Almond milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- In the blender add the banana, coconut oil, vanilla & 1 tbsp almond milk-blend until smooth
- Slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients & mix together, by hand
- Knead the dough-it needs to be firm enough to hold into a ball. If too dry you can add more almond milk until you have reached the correct consistency and if too wet you can add a bit more flour.
- Roll or press the dough onto a floured working area and have fun cutting into different shapes.
- Place all cookies on a lined baking tray and bake on 180°C for 20-30 minutes
- Allow to cool & enjoy