Oatmeal & hydrated rose face mask
We love all things natural and are always on the look out for new home made DIY concoctions.
After an indulgent & hot summer, I always feel my skin is dehydrated and more sensitive than usual. I stand by wearing an SPF moisturiser every day, but this doesn't protect the skin from sun exposure all day-and I don't sun bathe... Well, because 'Momming'.
This mask is incredibly soothing and smells delightful. It consists of only three ingredients-one of which is our rose infused hydrating mist. The perfect skin 'pick-me-up' during the transitioning months from hot to colder weather.
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C dried rose petals*
- 2 Tbsp rose water
- 1 Tbsp pure water
- Add rose petals and oats to a high speed blender and blend until a fine powder
- Remove from blender and place in a mixing bowl. Add the rose water and pure water-gently mix until you reach the texture you prefer
- Cleanse skin as per your normal routine. Apply a thick layer across your face and neck as you wish
- Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water
- Continue with your normal routine as you would after applying a face mask
* You can easily make the dehydrated rose petals from old roses. I love drying mine out for a few weeks in-between the pages of a book.